Jody Reid - Superintendent
Jody Reid has been employed with the city since December 1986 where he joined the Utilities Department and worked his way from Apprentice Lineman in 1987 to Superintendent in 2008. Through continued education Jody holds certifications as:
- Advanced Underground Distribution – 2001- Distribution Services
- GED – 2002 – State of Georgia, Department of Technical & Adult Education
- Substation Low-Side Qualified Operator – 2008 and 2013 – MEAG Power
- Certificate of Recognition for Voltage Regulator Systems – 2008 – Cooper Power Systems
- ITS Qualified Operator – 2009 – MEAG Power
- Tree Planting Workshop – 2009 – Technical Forestry
- Excellence as a Supervisor – 2011-2012 – Electric Cities of Georgia (ECG)
- Erosion & Sedimentation – 2012 - Georgia Residential and Contractor Licensing Board
- BasicPlus CPR – 2014
- Certified Water Systems Operator – 2003-2014 – Georgia Rural Water Association (GRWA)
- Energy Audit Walk-Through – 2014 – Southface
- Effective Supervisory Practices – 2014 – ICMA
Scottie has been employed with the City of Oxford Utilities Department since December 2004. He works hard in assuring prompt and accurate services to the citizens of Oxford in the Electric, Water and field operations.He has two wonderful daughters, Jasmine and Nickie, and one grand-daughter, Kaitlyn Grace, who loves to ride around his farm on the tractor and golf cart. Scottie has proven to be a true asset to the city in holding the following certifications:
- MEAG POWER/Distribution Services – Electrical Power Substation Low-side
- Qualified Operator
- Powerline Workers
- Distribution Operations 2009
- Powerline Workers Rigging & Climbing 2007
- Groundman Certification 2005
- GEORGIA RURAL WATER ASSOCIATION:
- Distribution SystemOperations and Maintenance 2012
- Basic Water Operations 2012
- GEORGIA SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION COMMISSION - Level 1A
- Certified Personnel(Blue Card)
- GEORGIA DOT- Certified Flagger
- EPD – Class 3 Water Distribution Certification 2012
- The National Stormwater Center – NPDES Certified Stormwater Inspector 2012
- Technical Forestry Services – Tree Planting 2009
- Tree Health and Condition 200
Austin joined The City of Oxford officially on September 20, 2018 as Equipment Operator I / Meter Reader. He comes to us from Andy Strickland landscaping. Austin was born and raised right outside of Oxford. His hobbies are Baseball and restoring old cars.
Jonathan (Jay) Benton
Jonathan joined the City as a full time Meter Reader/Equipment Operator, July 2, 2015. Jonathan is a graduate from Eastside High School. He completed a two year study in Electrical Engineering at Fort Valley State University, in Fort Valley, Georgia. He has completed the Traffic Control Certification from Electric Cities of Georgia. Jonathan’s hobbies are, watching and coaching basketball, favorite pastime is working on small engines.
Terry joined the City as a full time Refuse Collector on July 20, 2020. Terry is a graduate from Eastside High School and former employee with the City of Covington.
Charlie Mathis works for The City of Oxford as a Groundskeeper. He started with the City on April 19, 2019. He worked for Oxford College of Emory University for 13 years and for Hercules for 24 years prior to that. Charlie’s favorite pastime is grilling- he enjoyed doing the grilling at Oxford College during his employment.
Tim Thompson joined The City of Oxford on November 19, 2020 as a Groundskeeper/Landscape Technician. He retired from the City of Covington after 38 years of work and is currently certified in water and wastewater management. In his free time, Tim enjoys woodworking.