- 07/07/2020 -
- 06/08/2020 - After careful consideration, the City of Oxford has made the decision to cancel our annual Independence Day celebration. Please enjoy a happy and safe 4th of July. Thank you for your understanding.
- 06/01/2020 - Tonight's city council meeting will be held via teleconference. - By Internet: https://mbrooks-994.my.webex.com/webappng/sites/mbrooks-994.my/meeting/download/dadcf82c1607418882679bd8fc4762cf?siteurl=mbrooks-994.my&MTID=ma7730b2c096b286b47fcc0b78ce746bc Access Code: 113 701 7413, Meeting Password: treecity - By Phone: Phone Number: 1-650-215-5226, Access Code: 113 701 7413 - Important reminders: Please mute your phone or computer microphone when you are not speaking during the conference. If you join by computer and phone, please mute the audio on your computer.
- 05/22/2020 - The DDA meeting scheduled for Tuesday May 26th has been canceled.
- 05/14/2020 - Public Hearing at 6:00 PM re: City of Oxford FY2021 Operating and Capital Budget - Work Session at 6:30 PM. Teleconference Information for both the Public Hearing and Work Session is as follows. By Internet: https://mbrooks-994.my.webex.com/mbrooks-994.my/j.php?MTID=m48e9a7f6e40028ad19f6bc2ee74a155f
Access Code: 140 882 030, Meeting Password: treecity - By Phone: Phone Number:
1-650-215-5226, Access Code: 140 882 030.
- 04/24/2020 - The DDA meeting scheduled for 7 PM on Tuesday, April 28th has been cancelled.
- 04/20/2020 - City Council Work Session - April 20, 2020 at 6:30 PM via Teleconference - To join via computer/VoIP: https://mbrooks-994.my.webex.com/mbrooks-994.my/j.php?MTID=md98e9d44d6f1cd6b3938e0f3c3251472 Password: treecity - To join via Telephone: 1-650-215-5226 Access Code – 149088143#
- 04/07/2020 - SANITATION SERVICES FOR APRIL 6-10: Garbage pickup - Tuesday, April 7, Recycling pickup - Thursday, April 9. NO YARD DEBRIS PICKUP THIS WEEK
- 04/03/2020 - Governor Brian Kemp has ordered all Georgians statewide to shelter in place beginning at 6:00 p.m. today through 11:59 pm on April 13, 2020. This order supersedes the City of Oxford Emergency Declaration issued on March 26, 2020. The order in its entirety can be viewed here: Governor Kemp Executive Order 4/2/2020. The City of Oxford Emergency Declaration remains in effect through 5:59 p.m. today.
- 04/03/2020 - The April 6, 2020 Oxford City Council Meeting will be held via teleconference. Details can be found here.
- 03/31/2020 - We will not be holding court on April 16th. If you are currently scheduled for this date, you will receive a notice rescheduling you for May 21st. Please call 770-786-7004 with any questions.
- 03/30/2020 - BILLING UPDATE - 10% late penalties typically applied on the 15th have been waived for April. $25 delinquent fee typically applied on the 25th has been waived for March and April. Disconnections on past due accounts have been suspended until further notice. Hardship arrangements for those who are experiencing employment layoffs will be made on an individual basis.
- 03/30/2020 - This week, services remain the same. Trash pick up - Tuesday, March 31st and Recycling pick up -
Thursday, April 2nd.
- 03/27/2020 - The City of Oxford is now under a Shelter in Place Mandate. This mandate is effective midnight on March 26, 2020 to 11:59 PM on April 20, 2020.
- 03/26/2020 - EMERGENCY MEETING - Oxford City Council Teleconference March 26 at 7 pm. Please view call in details here. Meeting Agenda. Proposed Emergency Declaration.
- 03/25/2020 - PUBLIC NOTICE - Emergency Meeting via Teleconference called by Newton County Board of Commissioners tonight at 6 pm. You can view the details here.
- 3/23/2020 - Sanitation Services for March 23-27: Garbage Pickup – Tuesday, March 24; Recycling Pickup – Thursday, March 26
- 3/20/2020 – The City Council Work Session on March 23, 2020 will be held via teleconference. The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. To attend this meeting, call 1-650-215-5226. When prompted, enter the following access code on your phone, followed by the ‘#’ sign. Click here to view the agenda and documents for this meeting: Council Work Session March 23, 2020.
- 3/20/2020 – The Downtown Development Authority meeting scheduled for March 24, 2020 has been cancelled.
- 3/19/2020 - In keeping with the recommendations from the federal government to avoid gatherings of 10 or more people and practicing social distancing as means to stop the spread of COVID-19, we are prohibiting access to the pavilion (including the restrooms) and the playground at Asbury Street Park until further notice. The greenspace, walking track, and sidewalks will remain open for public use. However, we discourage organized contact sports on the greenspace. We feel by implementing these measures we can do our part to protect the welfare of our residents and staff.
- 3/16/2020 - The City of Oxford cares about its residents and employees. Effective immediately, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City Hall office will be closed at least through March 31st, but the City of Oxford is still open for business. For assistance, please call 770-786-7004. Alternatively, you may submit an email through our Comments option. We will respond within 30 minutes to inquiries received between 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday. We will respond on the following business day by 8:30 am, to inquiries received after 4:30 pm. You can make a utility bill payment anytime through our Online Bill Pay service. You can also leave your payment in the dropbox at City Hall or mail it to: City of Oxford, 110 West Clark Street, Oxford, Georgia 30054. For the week of March 16-20, Garbage and Recycled items will be picked up on their regular schedule, but there will be no yard waste pickup this week.
- 3/13/2020 - COURT ON MARCH 19TH HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL APRIL 16. IF YOU ARE SCHEDULED FOR COURT ON THE 19TH YOU WILL RECEIVE A NOTICE OF YOUR RESCHEDULE IN THE MAIL.
- 3/12/2020 - Take Extra Precautions to Protect Yourself. Click here to read more from the CDC about the Coronavirus and how to stay healthy.